We are the ultimate technology partner for privately owned, global businesses: Implicitly trusted to deliver secure and efficient IT operations coupled with business advancement through the proficient adoption of new and innovative technologies.
Our clients are principally focussed on shipping, real estate, energy, banking and investments, located in central London and New York. Our business interests span Europe, North America and Asia.
We are financially secure and growing even in the current climate, Blinx Technology is able to offer excellent career opportunities.
Whilst the landscape is complex and ambiguous given the multi-sector nature of our clients, the role of Solutions Architect provides challenge, opportunities for professional and personal growth and is without doubt exciting and fast paced.
The Solutions Architect will first and foremost be tasked with partnering with stakeholders at all levels, to understand business drivers, problems and processes. Together with their colleagues will identify timely, practical and cost-effective solutions. Top level areas of responsibility will include:
· The systematic and methodical assessment and understanding of the interoperability in the portfolio of businesses
· Building and integrating information systems to meet the needs of the various companies in the portfolio
· Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have
· Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it
· Providing updates to stakeholders on product development processes, costs, and budgets, resolving technical problems as they arise
· Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
As someone who will be liaising with key stakeholders at all levels, you will be an outstanding communicator with exemplary written and verbal communications skills. A real ‘people person’, you will be a natural when it comes to discussing and understanding business processes and challenges.
In order to translate business problems into technology solutions, you will need to be someone who is able to research technologies, assimilate information and understand the value different technologies can add, making relevant technology suggestions to the business using non-technical language and backing this up with formal written recommendations. Ideally, the following experience is required:
· Strong analytical skills and business acumen to be able to understand the businesses in the portfolio and provide commensurate effective IT solutions
· Experience in Microsoft 365 (SharePoint/Teams/MS Office/Office 365/Enterprise Security/Intune/MDM/MAM)
· Experience in ERP systems will be advantageous
· Experience in the planning, design, and implementation of operational technology, e.g., in the shipping, real estate or similar industry will be advantageous
· Experience of creating Power BI dashboards and presentation skills are highly desirable.
· A degree in computer science or related technical field with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
You might not be a deep technical expert, but you will need to have a broad understanding of technology. You may have a background as a Business Analyst or Project Manager with a few years as a Solutions Architect more recently, or perhaps you have a proven track record in a consulting environment working at Senior Consultant level and are ready to take your next step in your career with more ownership, exposure and accountability.
We are committed to professional growth, diversity of thought and inclusion and we are therefore seeking those who share our values to enable and maintain a culture of growth, trust and excellence.
In order to proceed with your application, please either:
Click 'Add to list' if you would like to look at other roles before starting to apply.
Click 'Apply Now' if you are ready to start now.