International Finance Corporation (IFC), a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group (WBG), is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries and emerging markets.
Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, IFC use their capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities where they are needed most and address the biggest development challenges of our time.
IFC has embarked on an ambitious new growth strategy (IFC 3.0) to stimulate more investment activity, especially in Low Income Countries (LICs) and Fragile and Conflict affected Situations (FCS). At the very core of this strategy is a requirement for IFC to be more proactive in the generation of their own opportunities by working ‘upstream’ to create, deepen and expand markets and to imagine, design and implement investment projects.
These newly created roles represent an opportunity to build an exceptional career full of meaning and impact, in a pioneering and entrepreneurial environment.
The selected candidates will focus on developing high-quality Upstream pipeline in a specific region or global unit. They will also support policy work and other interventions across the World Bank Group to prioritize various initiatives and to maximize the impact of Upstream efforts.
IFC is seeking Senior Investment Officers or Senior Operations Officers for Upstream with deep expertise in the Financial and Banking Sector. The selected candidates will focus on developing high-quality Upstream pipeline in the Europe and Central Asia region under the supervision of the Regional Upstream Lead. They will also support policy work and other interventions across the World Bank Group to prioritize various initiatives and to maximize the impact of Upstream efforts.
Successful candidates will possess the following profile and character traits:
• Master's degree or equivalent professional qualification in Business, Finance, Economics, International Relations, Science, Engineering, or another relevant field
• At least 10 years of relevant experience in project and/or program development, in producing feasibility studies, hands-on advisory and/or consulting functions and deep understanding of investments in emerging markets
• Genuine commitment to development and to the World Bank Group and IFC's mission, strategy and values
• Capacity to innovate and challenge the status quo and a proven track record in new idea generation, business development, and creating projects/programs from scratch
• Experience engaging with private sector clients, local and national governments and other stakeholders to encourage pioneering business and market development
• Experience in project/program management, including executing against implementation plans with defined business development milestones
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with one of the team at Berwick Talent Solutions:
Lucy Thomas: + 44 (0) 7469 892483
Hayley Hufton: + 44 (0) 7956 665681
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?