The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) provides the health research system for England. We support outstanding individuals conducting leading-edge research. This research is focused on the needs of patients and the public and involves them at every step. The NIHR invests over £1billion per year into research in England and is on a journey of digital transformation.
We are working with our Partners and Stakeholders to deliver change in the way we plan, enact and publish our research. We are fully committed to changing our approach to research through the enhancement of digital technologies, and ‘big data’ methodologies, to improve the health of the nation. We need an innovative and influential Digital Executive to take ownership for the delivery of this transformative digital agenda at the national level.
• Review our existing, high-level digital strategy, create an aligned, patient-focused and innovative digital strategy, which will streamline our processes, enable greater collaboration amongst researchers and sponsors, plus, facilitate a platform for digital engagement with patients involved in clinical research.
• Work across perceived organisational boundaries to craft, and deliver, the transformative portfolio of digital projects to underpin the digital strategy.
• Influence at the national level. Build meaningful peer-to-peer relationships across the healthcare research community, including with organisations carrying out and funding clinical research. Spearhead digital collaboration initiatives across the national research community, engage with the active research population to build excitement about the potential application of digital and secure participation in digital initiatives.
• With significant exposure to complex knowledge-intensive industries, you will have the ability to work across a diverse, virtual organisation, plus, have demonstrable experience of creating digital strategy and leading transformational digital change.
• Influential, impactful and politically-savvy, you will be an outstanding communicator and relationship-builder with the gravitas to influence at the national level. You should have a proven ability to pro-actively build relationships across perceived boundaries, with a range of diverse and challenging stakeholders. A natural evangelist for digital, you will identify the potential, opportunities, audiences and communities for digital techniques across the national clinical research population.
• An enthusing people leader, you will have the proven ability to create advocates and build digital communities. You will have a track record of creating user-centric digital cultures and of articulating the benefits of contemporary digital methods.
If you thrive on leading change in complex environments and your ability to build relationships is as developed as your transformational digital delivery skills, then this is a tremendous opportunity for you to make a real difference to the future health of the nation.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?