The Global Category Manager for Electronics will be responsible for managing a diverse range of spend covering components, semiconductors, PCB, PCBA, interconnect & cables, media components, memory – storage, RF – RFID – wireless, materials & chemicals, licenses.
The overall spend for this area is approximately CHF 100-130M, encompassing 1300 suppliers. You will manage this category area alongside colleagues based in Germany and Canada.
Develop category strategies and ensure implementation
• Understand the specific category, its cost structure and supplier landscape
• Develop and execute strategy
• Define KPIs to track the strategy realization and review compliance
• Prepare, facilitate and summarize savings initiatives generated through workshops
• Recommend prioritization of savings initiatives to SVP Group Strategic Procurement
• Steer and execute category initiatives portfolio
• Manage all milestones of the tool development
Manage suppliers and sourcing for global category
• Develop a consolidated demand forecast for the category
• Recommend qualification of suppliers for an approved supplier list
• Tender and negotiate with selected suppliers
• Manage the supplier base, including all related aspects of supplier quality, performance management, supplier consolidation and commercial relationship
• Recommend approval of new projects to SVP Group Strategic Procurement
• Agree with NPI sourcing decisions
Interfaces: Close collaboration with relevant segments/ plants
• Collaborate with all relevant stakeholders for category strategy development, initiative generation and supplier management
• Mobilize segment/ plant procurement for initiative implementation
dormakaba are seeking to appoint an experienced procurement professional with detailed knowledge of stampings area gained in a complex, multi-site regional or global manufacturing business. With a solid understanding of best practice category management and strong interpersonal and influencing skills to work both internally and externally.
The role will necessitate a degree of international travel.
• Expertise and track record in respective categories
• “Nose for value”: strong drive to identify and realize cost reduction
• Ability to “move people to action” without formal reporting line
• Proven ability to work globally with strong negotiation skills
For an informal and confidential discussion, please contact our advisor at Berwick Partners:
Consultant, Procurement & Supply Chain Practice
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?