Troika Systems is the leading global manufacturer of 2D and 3D scanning microscopes utilised in the print industry. Their product is unique and through the development of their own AniCAM and SurfaceCAM 3D technology, they are setting new standards for quality assurance in printing, embossing and coating markets.
Troika’s products are designed to reduce waste and ink usage in addition to providing productivity gains. Venture backed, the business is poised for exceptional growth and requires a Managing Director to support opportunities in both existing and adjacent markets.
The Managing Director will oversee all commercial and operational aspects of the business including sales, marketing, assembly, finance, R&D, quality, health & safety and supply chain. This role will be hands-on and will require the individual to drive day to day requirements and long-term strategic direction. The Managing Director will be responsible for:
• Quickly growing Troika’s revenue to £10m through camera, accessory and licensing sales.
• Defining and delivering a successful sales, marketing and product strategy.
• Building relationships with roller manufacturers, ink companies and end users.
• Strengthening, changing and improving the distribution network, ensuring that the communication between distributors and Troika is proactive.
• Ensuring all functions are fit for purpose as the business grows.
• Driving optimum operational performance, including all health and safety requirements.
With the support of the investors, you will enable Troika to achieve its business goals. You will be an experienced, entrepreneurial sales focussed leader with the following key characteristics:
• Knowledge of how to find, develop and performance manage distribution partners to ensure focus and profitable sales delivery.
• The gravitas and negotiation skills to drive commercial discussions with challenging OEM customers.
• Detailed understanding of how to market highly specialised products and solutions.
• A degree of technical aptitude to enable the understanding of electro-mechanical devices.
• Knowledge of print or other sectors with similar routes to market. You will be adept at working through multiple channels (web, B2B, distributor, OEM partner).
• Entrepreneurial and self-starting.
• Empathetic leadership style, able to get the best out of a small, well established team.
The Managing Director will be based at Troika’s head office in Swindon, with global travel expected on a frequent basis.
An excellent base salary and package is on offer, including discussion on long term incentives.
For an informal and confidential conversation, please contact Berwick Partners:
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?