The hospital has 99 beds and our primary specialties are orthopaedic surgery, cardiology, gynaecology, breast surgery, urology and general surgery. Opened in 2014, we offer state-of-the-art imaging, diagnostic and operating environments and innovative technology in a modern setting.
Building on our success, we are now expanding our presence in Kent with the acquisition of a Medical Centre in Sevenoaks, our acquisition of Sevenoaks Medical Centre (SMC) is an important part of our vision to meet the healthcare needs of people across Kent. SMC will enable us to diagnose and treat people close to where they live but with a direct pathway into our hospital, near Maidstone for surgery.
SMC which will form a key part of our Outreach Clinics strategy and will be the main location for our new General Manager who will also be the Registered Manager.
This is a new and exciting role for our organisation and will play a pivotal part in expanding our services. Our primary focus is great care and patient safety, however to achieve success it is vital that our new GM is able to forge strong relationships with key personnel at KIMS Hospital to ensure that the culture in the clinics emulates that of the hospital. A sense of team is critical to establish a strong rapport.
Beyond the immediate demands of this role, this is a unique opportunity to shape, form and grow our services across Kent. We need someone who can lead and manage our team, whilst bringing rigour to our care to ensure a commercially viable business.
• As the role of Registered Manager for the Outreach Clinics with the CQC you will be responsible for ensuring patient safety is maintained to the highest quality of care standards at all times and the Clinics are compliant with all relevant external and internal governance requirements.
• You will lead the day to day and strategic operations across the Clinics; the GM is responsible for balancing the clinical, quality and the commercial needs of the business appropriately.
• The GM will provide strategic direction and leadership for the Outreach Clinics, its management team and be a role model, mentor and coach to the teams in the Clinics.
• The Outreach Clinics are delivered from both KIMS Hospital and partner locations; therefore, the GM will need to be able to manage successful and safe delivery of services, whilst being conscious of and balancing the needs of other stakeholders, ensuring a positive working relationship with the hospital.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
• At least three years senior management healthcare experience including having previously acted as Registered Manager and undergone a minimum of one CQC inspection.
• Be absolutely patient focused, with a desire and proven ability to deliver high quality care services to all our customers.
• Be a strong and empathetic healthcare manager who is able to gain the trust and support of their team, lead and implement change and engage with stakeholders at all levels.
• Have the ability to lead and manage the Clinics from a commercial perspective, including managing the budget of a growing business.
• Champion the KIMS Hospital values and attributes through personal behaviours and communication.
• Be able to demonstrate the ability to operate in a matrix environment.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners:
Aemilia.email@example.com / 0207 518 2690
Closing date for applications: Midday Wednesday 8th January 2020
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?