Early developments have secured Planning consent and the very first schemes have recently started on site and there is much for you to do.
We are in the process of agreeing an ambitious new 10 year plan which aims to significantly increase the activities of the OCHL group to accelerate the delivery of housing to meet Oxford’s needs.
It will seek to achieve this by increasing the size of the mixed-tenure development programmes and projects, planning for complementary new affordable tenure models for local working families, and seeking new development opportunities.
Our new homes are initially being developed on sites owned by the Council. As the Company increases financial capacity, skills and expertise, the size and scale of development are set to increase. However, the Council’s land holdings are limited and therefore a number of private and public sector sites will continue to be identified and progressed and new opportunities secured.
In order for Oxford to be an inclusive and thriving city, it is clear that the OCHL Group has a significant role to play in delivering new housing supply for mixed and balanced communities.
This requires housing for all; especially rented housing that is affordable for local households. As part of the City’s drive towards net zero carbon, OCHL is focussing on building sustainable, energy and thermally efficient homes.
This is an extremely rewarding role for someone who wants to operate in an environment that requires both strategic vision and 'hands on' ability; someone who wants to lead an agile organisation in which they can make a real impact.
As our new Managing Director you will be able to point to a record of innovation, delivery and achievement within the residential development sector at a senior level and keen to apply this within a dynamic environment and growth setting.
• Accountable to the shareholder for enacting their vision and directives and for the performance of the Company: setting, delivering and reviewing the objectives and strategy determined by the Shareholder, including financial, social and reputational management.
• Lead the Company, Board and Management Team to deliver the Strategic 10 Year Business Plan: delivering the mixed tenure residential developments, financial performance and creating sustainable local communities - quality and efficient housing and inspiring places that engender a sense of pride and ownership.
• Provide leadership and drive to the team; empower them to deliver the development programme and projects in line with KPIs and targets particularly in terms of time, cost and quality.
• Maintain the relevance and purpose of the Company by leading the local and surrounding growth area market to achieve higher mixed tenure residential development standards.
• Position the Company as the ‘Go To’ organisation for quality of design, product and - ethical performance in the market
• Ensure that the Company has embedded policies and processes to provide suitable governance, control and operational flexibility; establish financial and management processes to allow the Company to remain solvent and operate within its remit.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit www.berwickpartners.co.uk/74641
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners
D: +44 121 654 5912
M: +44 779 352 9576
D: +44 121 654 5936
M: +44 7811 976392
Closing date for applications 9th December
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?