The hospital has 99 beds (68 presently open) and our primary specialties are orthopaedic surgery, cardiology, gynaecology, breast surgery, urology and general surgery. Opened in 2014, we offer state-of-the-art imaging, diagnostic and operating environments and innovative technology in a modern setting. Our facilities include five operating theatres, three of which have laminar flow, an endoscopy suite, an interventional lab/suite, a cardiac cath lab, and a full range of outpatient and diagnostic facilities.
KIMS Hospital is seeking a new Medical Director. The role forms a vital part of the Executive Team and involves dealing with daily operational matters. In addition, the new post holder will assist in shaping the future direction of KIMS Hospital. A strong and active network has been established and the Medical Director will play an important role in maintaining this.
The position is part-time, 3 days per week.
• Work with other Executive Directors (Members of the Hospital Management Board) to achieve the highest standards of operational performance through effective team and inter-department working. Initially this will entail reviewing and contributing to the commissioning of clinical services.
• Hold membership of and attend the KIMS Hospital Revalidation Committee.
• Contribute to strategic service development, particularly relating to national or regional initiatives from NICE, NCEPOD, and the Care Quality Commission, ensuring they are in line with relevant National Service Frameworks and that all Consultant Staff comply as required.
• Oversee and manage performance management and remedial action which may be required to deal with the poor performance of medical staff.
• Engage with and promote co-operation and collaboration with other organisations to develop strategic partnerships and alliances to improve services at KIMS.
• Participate fully, as an executive member of the HMB and relevant sub-committees, in the corporate decision-making process and in identifying and implementing the future strategic direction of the Hospital.
KIMS Hospital is a dynamic clinician-led organisation operating in a changing environment which will continue to develop and change over time. The successful candidate will need:
• Ability to think and act strategically and to articulate a clear sense of direction and vision.
• Previous experience in a senior clinical leadership role or Medical Director level equivalent post within a hospital or hospital group; independent sector experience will be advantageous.
• A strong clinical background.
• Able and willing to encourage an organisational culture that promotes clinical engagement in decision-making processes, and clear understanding of how human factors and patient safety training can have a positive impact on outcomes and a safe environment.
• Business aware, including budget compilation/control.
• Have an ambassadorial role by utilising external contacts to raise the profile of KIMS Hospital within the professions and the public awareness of available services.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit www.berwickpartners.co.uk/74614
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners
/ 0207 518 2690
Closing date for applications: Midday Monday 2nd December 2019
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?