After 10 years VERTIC’s Executive Director has stepped down. A new Executive Director will work closely with the Board and the senior management team to ensure the organisation can continue to evolve in the current climate and is fit for purpose. They will provide strategic leadership across VERTIC’s issue areas and ensure that an effective and efficient infrastructure is in place to support and develop the organisation, lead and co-ordinate fundraising for their key programmes and represent VERTIC at the highest levels to advance the organisation’s objectives.
The Executive Director position is the most senior role in VERTIC, reporting to the Board. Three Programme Directors, a Deputy Executive Director, and a Finance Director report directly to the Executive Director with an overall international team of circa 20.
This is an exciting time to join VERTIC; with a sound funding and project portfolio base and a dedicated team of expert and highly specialised staff, it is well-positioned to leverage its recent growth.
VERTIC now seeks an individual with outstanding leadership, management and communication skills. This is a great opportunity to lead the critical work and mission of VERTIC in a wider international relations context.
• Provide informed and innovative thought-leadership on verification and implementation issues across the field of security and international affairs.
Hold overall responsibility for financial management and fundraising, and compliance with grant obligations and UK charity and company law
• Direct, support and motivate a talented senior team and a staff of world-class experts.
• Enable and facilitate the Board in its role to guide the organisation’s strategic aims and objectives.
• Proven track record of impact in leading positions in complex, multi-stakeholder organisations and academic environments.
Proven track record in achieving change in arms control, non-proliferation and disarmament policy (national or international) and demonstrable understanding of verification, monitoring and compliance in the international relations sector.
• Evidence of strategic thinking and vision, with the ability to analyse complex concepts and information and communicate it effectively to external stakeholders in a way that is meaningful to them.
• Proven experience of external representation and influencing of stakeholders including governments. Collaborating with other organisations internationally.
• Proven senior management experience at an international level, but with the ability to work in an entrepreneurial, small business environment.
Closing date - 13th December 2019.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners
Consultant – Not for Profit
Email: Christina.Hargreaves@berwickpartners.co.uk DD: 020 7529 1122
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?