Leeds is recognised for its excellence. It is a top 10 university for research power and a key member of the Russell Group of research-intensive UK universities. It has more than 38,000 students and over 8,700 staff from more than 100 countries. The University contributes £1.3 billion every year to the UK economy and its students add around £200m of revenue into the Leeds City Region each year.
• Take the strategic lead for all aspects of digital and information technology across the University. Operating as a senior organisational leader, the CIDO will build collaborative relationships with key academic and professional services stakeholders. The CIDO will build trust and inspire confidence, plus understand and stimulate demand for IT and digital services by demonstrating the ‘art of the possible’.
• Create an aligned, customer-centric and secure IT and digital strategy, which will deliver a leap forward in the effectiveness and efficiency of IT systems at Leeds, plus provide a ‘seamless’ digital customer experience.
• Continue the ongoing professinalisation of IT at Leeds. Establish a well-structured IT and digital team, which has a reputation for the consistent, reliable delivery of technology products and services.
• With significant exposure to complex information intensive industries, you will have the ability to understand the needs of a diverse organisation, plus have demonstrable experience of shaping high performing IT, and digital, functions to meet them.
• Influential, impactful and politically savvy, you will be an outstanding communicator with gravitas. You should have a proven ability to build relationships with diverse and challenging senior stakeholders with a wide variety of motivations and drivers.
• An inspiring people leader, you will have the proven ability to galvanise large IT and digital teams. You will have a track record of building customer focused digital cultures and of articulating the benefits of new approaches and of helping teams adopt contemporary IT industry disciplines.
If you thrive on working in a complex environment and your ability to navigate organisational issues is as developed as your transformational digital delivery skills, then this is a tremendous opportunity for you to make a real difference in a world-class organisation.
The University of Leeds has engaged the services of Berwick Partners (an Odgers Berndtson company), to whom applications should be sent.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?