• With annual sales of over £100m, and a strong EBITDA performance, this organisation partners with a broad range of blue-chip customers in the industrial process industry markets, such as chemicals, oil & gas and pharmaceutical, providing technologically-driven solutions and products.
• Part of an international group, with operating plants throughout Europe, the company has grown rapidly over recent years through acquisition. It has a flat management structure that enables it to make decisions quickly, creating an entrepreneurial capability with a family business-like culture.
• Led by a highly credible UK senior leadership team, the business is undergoing an exciting phase of transformation, and now requires a Commercial Director to develop its sales capability.
• Accountable for the UK sales function, the role will be responsible for developing a more structured and professional commercial approach. The aim is to create a solutions-led sales team that is supported and driven by an effective performance management culture.
• The role will also have P&L responsibility for one of the company’s specialist industry divisions.
• This is a vitally important role for the future growth aspirations of the organisation, and success will position the individual well for further progression within the UK or across the group. It is the intention of the business that, subject to performance, the role will become part of the UK’s board of directors.
• You will be a proven and highly ambitious commercial leader, who has demonstrated your track record within an industrial manufacturing, distribution or processing environment. You will have had the benefit of having worked in a structured and driven sales environment, with the ability to apply your experience effectively across different organisations.
• Importantly, you will be excited by the opportunity to contribute to an organisation that is going through a significant transformation – across its leadership team, processes, and operations. It is essential that you possess the capability to build relationships, and have a positive commercial impact on the business, within a relatively short period of time. As such, the ability to be both hands-on and strategic will be imperative.
• Likely to be from a process manufacturing industry sector, such as chemicals, oil & gas, plastics or polymers, you will be well-educated – with a relevant first degree and ideally a further qualification in business management.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Catherine Osman on 0121 654 5902.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?