The BRIT School is a playground with professional boundaries, where the raw talent of 14-19 year olds meets the nurturing expertise of world-class teachers, and the exceptional care of support staff. The BRIT School works hard to nurture a creative environment which develops the whole person and celebrates individuality. This holistic approach makes The BRIT School a very special place to work.
The BRIT School are looking for a visionary, creative Chief Operating Officer who will bring expertise, ideas and energy to a School with ambitious plans for the future. The COO will play a critical role in the school’s strategic direction and in creating an entrepreneurial approach to its commercial development.
• To lead on the strategic financial and corporate business of The School to develop its commercial and entrepreneurial partnerships and relationships
• Ensure excellence in the operational functions of the school, effectively managing the site and ensuring the upkeep and regeneration of the buildings and assets.
• Develop commercial opportunities including BRIT for Business, BRIT Kids and other initiatives, continually identifying and exploring new opportunities.
• Work closely with our Estates Committee to deliver a £5m estates project and new build
• Strengthen our work with our Sponsor, the BRIT Trust, and Trustees.
• Help our Fundraising target reach £1m per annum by driving the Development team forward.
• Support the School’s front facing elements in fostering excellent working relationships within the organisation and with related industries and stakeholders.
• Proven ability of management at a senior level.
• Significant track record of leading a finance function and the preparation or auditing accounts for a charity or public sector organisation.
• Significant finance, business and commercial acumen of a high standard with a track record of growth and sustainability.
• Experience of maintaining and developing strong commercial partnerships and relationships with other organisations.
• Proven ability of working within financial constraints to support and exceed the strategy of a unique and educational environment.
• Proven ability of working in an ambassadorial role, representing an organisation at a high level.
• Effective leadership and line-management style with the ability to empower and develop others.
• Will hold an accountancy qualification.
• Compassionate and optimistic with a sincere passion for the Arts and young people.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; William Pringle or Leia Clancy on 020 7529 3090.
Closing date for applications: Monday 28th October
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?