COVENTRY CITY OF CULTURE TRUST, an independent charity, was established in 2015 and successfully bid to be the UK city of Culture 2021.
Coventry is a city of welcome, a city of activists and pioneers, a city of peace and reconciliation, a city of innovation and invention - a City of Culture.
Coventry 2021 will reimagine the place of culture in a diverse, modern Britain.
The ambitions of the Trust include:
• Realising enduring, tangible social change in Coventry
• Transforming who holds the power to create and curate in the city
• Kick-starting a wave of cultural investment across the region
• Welcoming 2.5m additional visitors to Coventry in 2021
• Enabling 80% of the city’s residents to experience at least three events in 2021
• Increasing audience attendance from under-represented communities by 20%
• Activating more than 16,000 volunteers and participants
We are now building the team that will deliver our ambitions and invite applications for this pivotal role.
Having already made excellent progress in securing funding and sponsorship from local authorities,
National Lottery providers, private sector, Trusts and Foundations and individuals, we are now seeking to appoint a Development Director to lead a portfolio of strategic partnerships and to work closely with the Chief Executive to secure further high-profile sponsorship, pro-bono and philanthropic support.
The post-holder will work as part of the Senior Management Team and will line-manage a small team of fundraising colleagues, playing a central role in ensuring that we deliver a compelling build-up programme, an inspiring UK City of Culture year, and an impactful legacy.
If you have any queries or would like an informal and confidential discussion, please contact:
Partner, Head of Charity, Arts, Culture & Heritage Practice
D: 0121 654 5941
Closing Date: Friday 13th September
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?