As we look to the future, we do it as an internationally renowned institution, with a reputation for excellence in teaching, research and public engagement in the social sciences. What happens at the School has the potential to be world-changing – and in these turbulent times, the social sciences are needed more than ever.
We are looking to appoint our first Director of Corporate Engagement. This individual will lead on the School’s work in corporate engagement and corporate relations. They will work with colleagues across the School to develop and implement a coordinated strategy for enhancing and deepening LSE’s relations with businesses of all types in order to help achieve the objectives set out in its 2030 strategy.
• To lead on setting the School’s strategic direction for corporate engagement, reporting to the Director of Advancement and working closely with the Strategic Director of Innovation.
• To manage the corporate engagement team within the Advancement Division
• To work closely with the relevant members of the School’s Management Committee, Professional Service Leaders, and heads of academic units to facilitate relations with businesses in their areas
• To co-ordinate, utilise and empower key academic and professional staff, including professional service staff in academic units to develop and deliver successful corporate engagement that is focussed, prioritised and appropriately benchmarked and measured, to fully support Strategy 2030
• To set criteria and KPIs to prioritise corporate partnerships for LSE
• To work closely with the Professional Services and Departments proactively involved in Corporate Engagement, including Research, Careers, Advancement, Communications and External Affairs and Custom Programmes
• To devise a corporate engagement strategy for the next 5-10 years with clear objectives, outcomes and indicators for success including rigorous KPIs, beyond financial investment benefits of corporate partnerships, tied to delivering the core goals of Strategy 2030
• To develop a business case for further investment to build a corporate engagement function for the School
• To serve as a member of the Advancement Executive Team, contributing to the School’s global engagement strategy and associated alumni and philanthropy strategies
• To work closely with the School’s Communications and External Affairs team to ensure rigorous application of brand management and positioning in communications with corporates
• Demonstrable leadership experience with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrable experience of working cross-organisation to achieve strategic alignment, providing active support and close collaboration amongst a broad range of stakeholders.
• Will have the credibility and capacity to build and sustain meaningful relationships internally and externally.
• Will have the ability to motivate and influence a broad range of stakeholders.
• Creative and self-motivated with an eye for identifying innovative opportunities.
• Excellent planning, organisational and analytical skills.
• A good understanding of the social sciences and their relevance to corporate engagement.
• Empathy with and understanding of the issues facing higher education globally and in the UK.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; William Pringle or Leia Clancy on 020 7529 3090.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 11th September
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?