The board of Network Rail is an open and collegiate group. The executive and non-executive directors work effectively together in a dynamic and demanding environment, with non-executive directors providing external perspective and challenge.
The board seeks three non-executive directors as part of a planned programme of board refresh as board members rotate off in 2019/20.
- Operational experience, preferably in a customer-facing environment
- Experience of change and change management in large and complex organisations
- All sectors welcome, although experience of dealing with regulated industries an advantage
- Experience of government organisations
- Policy development and appraisal experience an advantage
- Experience of data, information systems and control systems an advantage
- Finance qualification essential
- Able to chair the audit and risk committee
- The successful candidate must also be willing to serve on the DfT’s Group Audit and Risk Assurance Committee.
All candidates will have:
- Recently been a senior executive in an organisation of significant scale, complexity and sophistication.
- Prior PLC (or equivalent) board or non-executive experience is a prerequisite.
- Experience of delivering significant change programmes and be able to offer informed challenge on Network Rail’s major initiatives.
- An understanding of balancing the needs of a variety of stakeholders.
- Prior experience of working directly with government or of regulation would be helpful but is not essential.
If you are interested in Role 1, please click here: www.odgers.com/73399
If you are interested in Role 2, please click here: www.odgers.com/73400
If you are interested in Role 3, please click here: www.odgers.com/73401
If you are interested in more than one of these roles, please email
Jennifer Duke firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Slattery email@example.com
Closing Date for applications: Thursday 22nd August 2019