A procurement coordinator will focus on providing regional tactical procurement support to the procurement organization, including Strategic Sourcing. The incumbent will serve as the direct interface between the category procurement managers, internal clients, work process specialists, transactional systems, and the suppliers. This will be done by following work processes to create PO’s from requisitions, create and maintain system price agreements, interface with suppliers, and other tactical activities such as requesting new vendor codes. In addition, the procurement coordinator should build relations and rapport with Trinseo’s suppliers to improve Trinseo’s procurement image and to ensure vendor invoices are paid on time.
For more information about Program T2020 and the opportunities available, please visit The T2020 Career Center at https://t2020.trinseo.com
• Minimum Associate’s degree in a business, finance, technology or related field.
• 3+ years’ experience in a relevant service role (e.g. Procurement Services, Strategic Sourcing, Customer Service, Finance and/or Supply Chain disciplines)
• Proficiency using SAP/ECC and other technology and systems is preferred
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities, and delegate appropriately
• Knowledge and understanding of work process concepts performed by procurement operations
• Customer service mind set with drive to strengthen relations and coordination
• Procurement operations work process knowledge including payables, purchasing, vendor coding, auditing, freight, TER, scanning, and help desk.
• Desire to help internal and external stakeholders with procurement operations concerns and issues
• Comfortable talking and communicating with external vendors to resolve issues
• Systems and technology expertise
• Initiative and problem solving skills
• Interpersonal effectiveness & strong communication skills
• Ambition to innovate and constantly searching for improvement
• Ability to investigate and find root cause of issues and follow through with corrective actions
• Read, write and speak English. Additional language skills may be required based on location
• Ability to demonstrate value to, quickly establish trust from and form beneficial relationships with individuals and teams
• Provide quality assurance
• Strong project management skills
• Strong enterprise business acumen
• Above all, the ability to be agile, adapt and produce in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
• Knowledge of SAP is desired, but not required
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?