The Carers Centre strives to improve the lives of carers and by extension the lives of those they care for. A caring role can often be a very stressful, daunting, frustrating, emotionally and physically exhausting experience. As a result, the pressures on the long term carer build up over time.
The Carers Centre strives to ensure that its services continue to remain relevant to the needs of the carer population of Tower Hamlets. Tower Hamlets is an exciting diverse borough in the East End of London. Although it faces many social issues it remains an area with a vibrant feel to it and has not lost its community spirt.
Our new Chief Executive will be joining at a crucial and exciting time for the charity as we work towards our new strategic direction, adapt to meet the challenges of the future and develop our services to extend our reach to even more carers.
• To lead and manage the organisation, working closely with the Trustees to determine the strategic direction for the organisation.
• To support and develop the senior management team to enable them to take on the responsibility of leadership and management both for their area of responsibility and as part of the Senior Management Team for the whole organisation.
• To secure efficient and effective use of resources in order to provide the highest possible quality services to Carers and their families in accordance with the Carers Centre Tower Hamlets Business Plan.
• To drive the strategy of Carers Centre Tower Hamlets with the vision to be a centre of excellence.
• To encourage, lead, participate in and manage relevant external partnerships, regionally and nationally, concerned with Carers and their families.
• To have an overview of all aspects of the present contract with Tower Hamlets Council, and future funding contracts.
• Demonstrable senior management experience.
• Demonstrable financial/business acumen in a variety of settings, with experience of delivering long term financial sustainability.
• Experience of strategic business planning, decision making and implementation.
• Experience of leading and managing a diverse and complex organisation and the ability to lead and manage change.
• The ability to provide inspirational and visionary leadership to the Senior Management Team with a collaborative and inclusive style.
• Experience of developing effective relationships with other organisations and stakeholders.
• Experience of acting as an effective ambassador and a robust networker.
If you would like to have an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Sandra Hamovic on 0207 529 6332.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 12th September 2019
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?