BMI Group is part of the Standard Industries family of companies, operating globally and employing around 11,000 employees worldwide. We are a dynamic organisation housing various construction brands that collectively make up the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the world.
We believe that a roof is so much more than the shelter and protection above us. Today it can also be a power station, a living space, a garden or even a work of art.
This thinking has led us to the point of a major digital transformation, internally and externally, that will see us offering truly innovative products and services direct to our end consumers; households and private property owners.
This transformational journey involves the exciting set up of our new Digital Lab / Tech Hub in Reading that will employ some of the best tech talent out there. The Supply Chain and Manufacturing Insights and Analytics Lead will become a vital piece of that new digital and IT team.
To find out more about BMI and our digital transformation project please visit https://www.bmidigitaltransformation.com/
• Own the development, implementation and standardization of business analytics and KPIs within the Insight and Analytics function for Supply Chain & Manufacturing.
• Lead workshops, requirement gathering, and creation of business requirements documentation.
• Lead the prioritisation of analytics (that will answer key business questions) with stakeholders (in both central functions and within the regions).
• Work closely with those senior stakeholders to present findings back on a regular basis, preparing relevant written analysis and making effective use of data visualisation to “tell the story”.
• Track industry trends to enable proactive consulting on opportunities with the business team.
• Interpret business questions into formal data questions that can be answered using data analytics and provide thought leadership on the best methodologies to employ.
• Help team members by providing advice on the right tools or techniques to answer business questions and coach them on both data wrangling and modelling methods. Questions might include: How effective is our distribution network and our manufacturing footprints? What is our cost to serve? How to optimise our production lines performances?
• Defining and implementing the Analytics Operating Model for E2E Supply Chain & Manufacturing functions i.e. Supply Network Planning, Transportation and Warehousing, Demand Planning etc.
• Be capable of seeing the bigger picture and being able to envision and articulate a complete end-to-end data flow to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• The ability to sell the Analytics capability of BMI to E2E Supply Chain & Manufacturing teams.
What will you be doing in the role
• Ensure that the agile methodology that will be implemented works effectively and is improved and adapted as the business grows.
• Perform heavy data mining and data wrangling that blends large datasets to support analysis and develop new models that further drive insights.
• Cultivate relationships with key stakeholders to share insights, methods, align priorities and work on collaborative projects which will improve data analytics throughout the organisation.
• Educate the wider business on what can be delivered by advanced analytics; by explaining, in plain language, the results of analysis, including the techniques used in various new forums.
• Partner with Group Supply Chain Director, providing technical and system expertise, to synergize IT strategic direction and data requirements.
• Collaborate with IT Business Partner for Supply Chain and Manufacturing.
• Establish a level of trust and credibility by building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
• Work closely with the IT security function to ensure all security policies are fully adhered to for example, as outlined by ISO27k1, that all GDPR mandates are implemented.
• Work proactively with their GAF colleagues to ensure alignment across Standard Industries.
• Work proactively with suppliers to ensure that the BMI business is receiving an excellent level of service and the best advice.
• Mentor and assist team members where appropriate.
We are looking for a data driven IT professional that has the desire, will, entrepreneurial spirit, and dynamism to be a leader both within IT and Supply Chain and Manufacturing. You will be a self-motivated and agile thinker with a creative and innovative approach to problem solving and solution selling.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a global, matrix / team environment, with geographically dispersed teams.
• Ability to gather requirements, test strategies, design deliverables and define best practices and procedures for the group.
• In-depth understanding as well as experience on Supply Chain and Manufacturing project implementations of Enterprise Information Management technologies (e.g. Informatica, SAP, Oracle etc).
• Ability to build strong relationships at senior levels in the business both vertically and laterally and to influence and be persuasive at all levels.
• Strong negotiation skills with the ability to resolve conflicts and problems and follow through to completion.
• Team player of the highest ethical standards, integrity, credibility and character.
• Strong operational, business and industry awareness combined with pragmatic technical leadership.
• Ability to work under pressure and identify and prioritise key issues in a fast changing environment.
• Dynamic and agile thinker and problem solver with creative, innovative approach and high level of empathy.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and high commitment, determination, resilience as well as quality and cost awareness.
• Outstanding interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills both written and verbal combined with the ability to work across diverse cultures.
• Ability to simply and clearly communicate high level approach and processes
• Strong data analysis skills.
• Self-starter able to operating with minimum supervision.
• Excellent communication, written and presentation skills.
As you can imagine, not just our thinking is innovative; so is our approach to our people. We have a fantastic collaborative working environment that offers autonomy and encourages ideas, innovation and lasting career paths.
Our salary and benefits package is generous and we genuinely embrace diversity and inclusion, offering the best opportunities to the whole team.
We see further and we hope to see you under our roof.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; George Beaumont on Direct: +44 113 386 8543 / Mobile +44 7811 976 359
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?