Owing to continued success and a desire to really strengthen the support functions they are looking to appoint a permanent Financial Controller who will lead the finance team.
• Accountable for leading, managing and supervising staff that are involved in finance and administration duties within the business.
• Monitor and control the day to day finances within the company.
• Present financial reports and insightful information and expectations to the Directors and Practice Manager in order to aid short and long term decision making.
• Budgeting and forecasting.
• Production of management and statutory accounts with the support of an external accountancy practice.
• Maintenance of all ledgers and bank accounts.
• Improvement of process and control within finance.
• Will hold a professional accounting qualification (ACA ACCA CIMA).
• Will have direct experienced working as a Finance Manager / Financial Controller in an SME / owner managed business.
• Will ideally have prior private healthcare experience, direct sector experience is beneficial - NOT essential, what is important is experience of a service business and customer centric environment and the nuances this can create.
• Will be an experienced leader within a finance function and should demonstrate a capability to manage finance and non-finance staff.
• Will be able to produce a full set of statutory accounts as well as management accounts.
• Will understand the importance of operating with honesty and integrity and will demonstrate a mature approach to sensitive issues.
• Will be of a suitable culture fit for the practice; a team player, energetic, personable and authoritative.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Ashley Crich on 0207 367 9753.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 3rd July 2019
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?