BMI Group is part of the Standard Industries family of companies, operating globally and employing around 11,000 employees worldwide. We are a dynamic organisation housing various construction brands that collectively make up the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the world.
We believe that a roof is so much more than the shelter and protection above us. Today it can also be a power station, a living space, a garden or even a work of art.
This thinking has led us to the point of a major digital transformation, internally and externally, that will see us offering truly innovative products and services direct to our end consumers; households and private property owners. This transformational journey involves the exciting set up of our new Digital Lab and Tech Hub in reading that will employ some of the best tech talent out there. As the senior Project Manager, you will be a vital piece of the extended digital and IT leadership team.
As the Senior Project Manager for manufacturing, supply chain and logistics you will be accountable for delivering several projects which radically change how the business manufactures, stores and distributes products.
You’ll be working on projects which encompass these areas, with the purpose of centralising the supply chain planning process, optimising journey times and improving manufacturing through technology. You’ll own the resources, budgets and relationships in order to get things done.
What you will be doing
• Own the plan for project delivery across all stages of the lifecycle (inception, discovery, delivery, transition and closure).
• Developing and growing the PM capability within the solution design and delivery tower.
• Collaborating with other project managers, solution and technical architects, test managers and consultants to define and breakdown releases, ensuring they are fully understood by all and smoothly transitioned.
• Working in collaboration with the value creation and EPMO team to ensure standards and expectations are met, including documentation, reporting, stage fates and attending mandatory portfolio meetings.
• Focusing on stabilising releases, conducting post-release reviews to ensure any release issues are minimised and eliminated for upcoming releases.
At BMI we are not only forward thinking as a business, but we look for these traits in our people. You will hear how we collaborate, work together as a team to get things done and allow you the space and time to do your job with a high level of autonomy.
There’s nothing average about BMI Group and the huge transformation journey we’re on. That goes for the people that choose to join us, too: This role would suit someone with experience of SAP for manufacturing, supply chain or logistics across consumer durables, manufacturing or pharmaceuticals (we’d look at other sectors which are relevant). Other experience includes:
• Experience of SAP S/4 HANA, deploying IBP suite as well as applications like Wonderware MES and EWM
• Managing large scale technology projects within the supply chain, manufacturing and product domains
• Rounded IT project management experience – managing delivery through all stages of the lifecycle (inception, discovery, delivery, transition and closure) as well as associated methods and tools.
• Risk and issue management as well as strong governance for quality, budgets and schedules.
As you can imagine, not just our thinking is innovative but so is our approach to our people. We have a fantastic collaborative working environment that offers autonomy, encourages ideas and innovation and lasting career paths.
Our salary and benefits package is generous and we genuinely embrace diversity and inclusion, offering the best opportunities to the whole team.
We see further and we hope to see you under our roof.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?