Our client is a high growth consumer company with its global head office based in San Francisco and its European headquarters in London. Recently, the company was acquired by an insurance giant as a strategic investment for their portfolio of businesses. Now a market leading division of a multi-billion pound group they are expanding rapidly in the UK and Europe.
Today the European business is transforming the mobile phone insurance industry by bringing a customer centric approach and best-in-class operations to what has been an industry lacking pace and innovation. Having introduced a market leading product and partnered with major European telecom operators such as T-Mobile, 3 and Telenor, as well as leading retailers like Amazon and MediaMarkt.
The European business has been more than tripling its top line in the past couple of years and continues to grow significantly bringing on board bigger and bigger partnerships. Working with major mobile network operators and consumer electronics retailers, our client provides protection for their customers’ mobile devices setting the service standard in Europe. Through seamless technical integrations with their partners, they are able to provide consumers with a highly differentiated, superior level of service – and partners with a valuable revenue generating offering.
The Partnerships Director owns partner relationship and has overall responsibility for accounts' top-to-bottom-line performance and development. In particular:
• Manages account relationship with Partners: pre-launch (supporting BD stage), then day-to-day and long-term/strategic – and is responsible for account P&L.
• Delivers new program launches as Project Manager.
• Drives program performance and development through constant performance oversight and scheduled reviews, sales growth initiatives (together with Marketing and Field Managers), customer service level monitoring and new product introduction, etc.
• Management and personal development of Field Managers.
• Works closely with cross-functional teams including Operations/CX, Finance, Legal/Compliance, Marketing, and other teams to introduce required changes to product and/or service.
• Drives account profitability by understanding in detail partnerships’ performance, deriving insight from data and coming up with action plans based on these findings; drives data-based change internally and externally and delivers on P&L targets.
• Ensures Partners deliver on key contractual agreements.
• Supports business development in the region.
• Is the key point of contact and reference for partners and internally regarding the Partners' programs and the local/regional market.
Successful Partnerships Director is a true relationship owner for Partners – leading them to greater revenues from insurance programs and improved customer loyalty overall – and an enthusiastic colleague – delivering on accounts’ internal goals in terms of sales and profitability.
Knowledge & Experience
• 5+ years of experience in a highly analytical role within retail / FMCG / consumer services; likely functions: business development, partnerships/accounts management, customer success, PMO.
• Experience of B2B channels and driving sales with a strong understanding of B2C marketing planning.
• Track record of successful internal stakeholders and clients relationship management, project management.
• Strong business/commercial acumen.
• Degree in Business, Economics, or a related field.
• One or multiple European languages at native level, Spanish being a must.
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated personality – likely to succeed in a tight team and on their own.
Skills & Personal Attributes
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
• Exceptional communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with diverse stakeholders (senior / junior, tech / non-tech) and represent the business externally.
• Aptitude to work and succeed both in a tight team and alone.
• A likeness for and willingness to travel.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please contact our advisors at Berwick Partners; Jennie Stanford Jennie.Stanford@berwickpartners.co.uk
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?