This is a unique opportunity to join a truly global finance team. This role is pivotal for the finance team and will be instrumental in the smooth running of the financial process. You will have touch points across the global offices and will be the main point of contact for many of the finance functions.
• The central focal point for coordinating of data processing globally in ECC for All Finance Functions related to Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, and Year End jobs.
• Liaison between Functional SME’s for any ECC job changes and with the IT group to update jobs in development and promote to production.
• Creating Monthly Task List - Scheduling of ECC Jobs in SAP Central Process Scheduling (CPS) via Financial Close Cockpit (FCC) and CPS directly (working with Request Management Team).
• Monitoring of ECC Job activity thru out the month with the heaviest activity during WorkDay 1 – WorkDay 5 (Quarterly Work Day 7).
• Communication with Functional SME for any ECC job review due to Service Now Tickets (job issues, report finish (including Report to Web, SAP variant issues, etc) on a daily basis with highest volume WorkDay 2 & WorkDay 3.
• Opening/Closing of general ledger accounts.
• Reviewing after the Treasury Fx Rate file has been dropped that all accounts are open.
• Intercompany recharge (HUBCO) Process Participant (European Beneficial Process) – working with the Functional SME to manually kick off jobs and opening and closing accounts for Europe only on WorkDay 3.
• The closing of All ECC Accounts after Financial & Statutory Global sign-off so they can start the Consolidation pull for monthly/quarterly review.
• Organizer of the updating Factory Calendar in ECC and CPS to follow Corporate Holiday Calendar (yearly activity).
• Focus on value-add projects and services defined by the business partners.
• Data Readiness Activity related to setting up new companies in ECC and aligning as the F&S directs.
• Posting Period Variant (PPV) setup for divestitures and implementations coordinate with F&S, IT, and Cost Organizations.
• Participate in business case development, providing input into benefits and strategic alignment utilizing business process knowledge and business / functional understanding.
• Provide strong emphasis and attention on internal control compliance.
• Seek opportunities to standardize processes to drive efficiencies.
• This individual will interact with 3rd party IT support and other 3rd party technical consultants for technical support.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a relevant Information Technology discipline.
• 6+ years’ experience in a relevant Finance role.
• Previous operational experience in industrial chemicals and publically traded companies preferred.
• Strong enterprise business acumen, knowledge and understanding of work processes performed by Finance.
• Experience in designing, documenting, implementing, and improving work processes.
• Strong project management skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal effectiveness and communication skills.
• Ability to demonstrate value to, quickly establish trust and credibility, and form beneficial relationships with individuals and international teams.
• Working knowledge of SAP accounting and reporting systems is strongly preferred (SAP ECC, Business Warehouse, etc.).
• Ability to create and modify macros and scripts (includes VBA/VBM) is a plus.
• Solid comprehension of internal control.
• Read, write and speak English.
• Above all, the ability to be agile, adapt and produce in a fast-paced, changing environment.
For more information about Program T2020 and the opportunities available, please visit The T2020 Career Center at https://t2020.trinseo.com
Trinseo is a world leader in the production of plastics, latex binders, and synthetic rubber - a new kind of global materials company at the intersection of people, technology, and customers, built on several decades of technology leadership.
We are focused on delivering innovative and sustainable products that touch lives every day – products that are intrinsic to how we live our lives – across a wide range of end-markets. Our materials can be found in just about every market and industry from consumer electronics, appliances, medical devices and performance car tires.
By 2020, we plan to have completely revolutionized our global operations, in order to support the continued success.
We have launched an exciting, transformation programme called T2020, where you will be given the opportunity from day one to bring new ideas, innovation and support to Trinseo into the next chapter in its story.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?