Trinseo is a world leader in the production of plastics, latex binders, and synthetic rubber - a new kind of global materials company at the intersection of people, technology, and customers, built on several decades of technology leadership. We are focused on delivering innovative and sustainable products that touch lives every day – products that are intrinsic to how we live our lives – across a wide range of end-markets. Our materials can be found in just about every market and industry from consumer electronics, appliances, medical devices and performance car tires.
By 2020, we plan to have completely revolutionized our global operations, in order to support the continued success. We have launched an exciting, transformation programme called T2020, where you will be given the opportunity from day one to bring new ideas, innovation and support to Trinseo into the next chapter in its story.
For more information about Program T2020 and the opportunities available, please visit The T2020 Career Center at https://t2020.trinseo.com
Exciting opportunity to join a new department and support Trinseo business objectives and help shape the culture and operations in Finance.
The Revenue Accounting Specialist is responsible for various components of revenue and rebate & commission activities. The role takes the lead in executing sales accounting entries and various sales reports for analysis and reconciliation purposes. In addition, it is the responsibility of the Revenue Accounting Specialist to ensure accuracy and integrity of all accounting transactions including timely reconciliation of rebate accrual accounts. This position works closely with regional accounting teams globally, customer services and third-party service providers. The role will include:
• Delivering monitoring & control reports to support the different sub-functions in our global work process in SAP ECC.
• Excellent understanding of the whole Order to Cash chain (order entry, material flow, billing, pricing, accounts receivable, rebates).
• Metrics reporting.
• Analysing new and existing Business Warehouse reports for use within Global Billing and Cash Application. Review for potential enhancements and roll out to the regions when ready for use.
• Good understanding of Trinseo accounting policies.
• Global Periodic sales accounting entries including Sales Accruals, Goods Issue Reversal, and Intercompany Corrections.
• Coordinate Global Billing and Cash Application work process corrections and improvements.
• Support Finance function on sales account usage and share knowledge.
• Timely and accurate reconciliation of the Commission and Rebate accrual accounts in Vistex.
• Provide guidance in new rebate agreement set-ups from internal control and accounting policy perspective.
• Good communication with business partners, controllership, and tax teams.
• Minimum Requirement: Apprenticeship in Accounting/Economics or Bachelor’s degree in Finance.
• Deep SAP/ECC knowledge is essential.
• Minimum 5 years practical work experience in Finance.
• Customer to Cash knowledge is required.
• Fluent in English (spoken and written) is mandatory, additional language is a plus.
• Working knowledge of Trinseo’s systems is preferred (SAP ECC, Business Warehouse and Vistex).
• Good knowledge of Value Added Tax guidelines.
• Solid comprehension of internal controls.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?