BMI Group is part of the Standard Industries family of companies, operating globally and employing around 11,000 employees worldwide. We are a dynamic organisation housing various construction brands that collectively make up the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the World.
We believe that a roof is so much more than the shelter and protection above us. Today it can also be a power station, a living space, a garden or even a work of art.
This thinking has lead us to the point of a major digital transformation, internally and externally, that will see us offering truly innovative products and services direct to our end consumers; households and private property owners.
This transformational journey involves the exciting set up of our new Digital Lab/Tech Hub in Reading that will employ some of the best tech talent out there. The Solutions Architect – Master Data Management (MDM) will become a vital piece of that new digital and IT team.
Reporting into the Head of Solution Architecture, the Master Data Management Solutions Architect will facilitate the implementation and support of the SAP MDM/MDG solution. The Solutions Architect will be responsible for procure to pay solutions, architecture and recommending best practices. Responsibilities will include providing input to the functional/technical team(s) working on a “greenfield” S4/HANA pan-European programme.
What will you be doing in the role
• Managing relationships with key stakeholders, demonstrating technical competency in the design and implementation of complex SAP environments.
• Responsible for physical migration (and steps to get there). Full life cycle experience of the data migration process, from strategy and planning, through to execution and go-live
• Segregation of Master, reference and transactional data; assessment of data quality; management of data validation processes for migrated data; identify data to be transitioned from legacy systems to S/4 HANA, MDG, Ariba (Plus archiving systems)
• Work with data archiving team to provide data to be populated into the archive as appropriate
• Support the programme plan for each iteration of data migration
• Work with the functional / technical team to understand what data needs to be redacted
At BMI we are not only forward thinking as a business but we look for these traits in our people. You will hear how we collaborate, work together as a team to get things done and allow you the space and time to do your job with a high level of autonomy.
It is essential that the Master Data Management Solution Architect will have experience in MDG and be able to demonstrate technical competency in the design and implementation of complex, global SAP environments.
This is a hands on role and the job holder will be an outstanding communicator and relationship builder, with strength in key stakeholder management, working well under pressure and straddling various departments in the business.
• S4 HANA Data Migration management and MDG experience
• Team leadership and management experience (onshore/offshore)
• Experience in running data migration in major projects
• Understanding of data modelling
• Proven ability to design and deliver complex in SAP MDG solutions in a Global business
• Excellent understanding of knowledge of ABAP, WebDynpro, tracing debugging along with SAP Business Workflow, Floor Plan Manager, IDoc/ALE
• Knowledge of EU data protection regulations (GDPR)
As you can imagine, not just our thinking is innovative but so is our approach to our people. We have a fantastic collaborative working environment that offers autonomy, encourages ideas and innovation and lasting career paths.
Our salary and benefits package is generous and we genuinely embrace diversity and inclusion, offering the best opportunities to the whole team.
We see further and we hope to see you under our roof.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Talent Solutions; Lucy Thomas on 07469 892 483.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?