BMI Group is part of the Standard Industries family of companies, operating globally and employing around 11,000 employees worldwide. We are a dynamic organisation housing various construction brands that collectively make up the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the World.
We believe that a roof is so much more than the shelter and protection above us. Today it can also be a power station, a living space, a garden or even a work of art.
This thinking has lead us to the point of a major digital transformation, internally and externally, that will see us offering truly innovative products and services direct to our end consumers; households and private property owners.
This transformational journey involves the exciting set up of our new Digital Lab/Tech Hub in Reading that will employ some of the best tech talent out there. The Service Performance (CSIP) Manager will become a vital piece of that new digital and IT team.
Reporting into the Head of Service Continuity and Performance, the Service Transition Manager is accountable for ensuring that all Services delivered into the live IT environment occur in a planned, controlled and timely manner, such that the Services can be sustainably operated and perform as defined and designed.
What will you be doing in the role
• The Service Transition Manager will be the ‘gatekeeper’ between the project world and the BAU organization. Service Transition is accountable for ensuring that all services delivered into the live IT environment, occur in a planned, controlled and timely manner, such that the services can be sustainably operated and perform as defined and designed.
• Service Transition exists to protect and make ready the Live operation in relation to Project / Demand driven change to protect production, support deployments and sustain quality.
At BMI we are not only forward thinking as a business but we look for these traits in our people. You will hear how we collaborate, work together as a team to get things done and allow you the space and time to do your job with a high level of autonomy.
• You will be someone who understands business processes, so it’s likely you’ll be ITIL certified and will have an abundance of experience working within an ITIL framework previously.
• You’ll be naturally inquisitive, and able to identify gaps between concepts and operational practicalities – ensuring solutions to ‘go-live’ are well defined and meet Operational Acceptance Criteria, delivering NFRs (Non Functional Requirements)
• Ability to ensure minimal unplanned business impact on BMI Group’s daily business and risk is managed and all incidents are resolved in agreed SLA / OLAs
• Along with your experience of working in a transformational environment, your sound judgment and demonstrated track record of applying it in complex multi-vendor IS sourcing environments will stand you in good stead to succeed.
As you can imagine, not just our thinking is innovative but so is our approach to our people. We have a fantastic collaborative working environment that offers autonomy, encourages ideas and innovation and lasting career paths.
Our salary and benefits package is generous and we genuinely embrace diversity and inclusion, offering the best opportunities to the whole team.
We see further and we hope to see you under our roof.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Talent Solutions; Lucy Thomas on 07469 892 483.
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?