Trinseo is a world leader in the production of plastics, latex binders, and synthetic rubber - a new kind of global materials company at the intersection of people, technology, and customers, built on several decades of technology leadership.
We are focused on delivering innovative and sustainable products that touch lives every day – products that are intrinsic to how we live our lives – across a wide range of end-markets. Our materials can be found in just about every market and industry from consumer electronics, appliances, medical devices and performance car tires.
By 2020, we plan to have completely revolutionized our global operations, in order to support the continued success.
We have launched an exciting, transformation programme called T2020, where you will be given the opportunity from day one to bring new ideas, innovation and support to Trinseo into the next chapter in its story.
For more information about Program T2020 and the opportunities available, please visit The T2020 Career Center at https://t2020.trinseo.com
The position will have responsibilities, to include, but not limited to:
• Key role in ensuring that the requirements and business processes associated with domestic and international border movements function smoothly
• Coordination of issuance of export and import policies, procedures, methods, and practices to facilitate better implementation of company objectives.
• International Trade Specialists are responsible for providing valuable expert insights concerning the requirements and obligations of exporting and importing various goods.
• Responsible for coordination of corrective actions as necessary to follow compliance measures
• In conjunction with working with third party ITO partner and forwarding agents ensures that product flow meets global trade compliance regulations and that all documentation is correct and in order
• Oversight in management of ECC data (GTS) integrity
• Bachelor degree required (Supply Chain, International Trade, Logistics)
• 4-6 years’ experience in international trade, import / export compliance or equivalent. International trade certification (e.g. CITP, certified freight forwarder, certified customs broker) preferred.
• Conceptual and practical expertise in Global / Regional Trade Compliance or Global / Regional Trade Operations
• Working knowledge of import, export, and country-specific trade regulations.
• Excellent writing and communications skills. Ability to clearly explain complex concepts and technical regulations, policies and standards.
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills; audit experience desired
• Experience or ability to work in global trade data management system (GTS).
• Exposure to and understanding of commerce and commercial terms (INCO Terms) as well as trade compliance practices and procedures
• Spoken and written fluency in English and Chinese required
In order to proceed with your application, please tell us where you learnt about this opportunity below, then either:
Where did you hear about this opportunity?