Our client is a global provider of specialist metal solutions to both large corporates and SMEs, providing a high quality 24-hour stocking service.
The business has an exciting new opportunity for a Managing Director to run their UK subsidiary, based out of the Midlands.
The Company’s strategic agenda is to diversify the markets served, products offered and to further develop its value-added manufacturing capability. The new Managing Director will inherit a profitable enterprise and be P&L responsible, overseeing daily activity and driving growth. They will:
• Own the P&L across two operational sites, overseeing a small team of c.40 people across Administration, Logistics, HSE, Quality and Manufacturing.
• Support the Sales Director and take an active interest in business development.
• Oversight of end to end operations, from material in through to customer delivery.
• Enhancing customer relationships and driving the search for new market avenues.
• Making the case for capital investment where required.
• Monthly reporting, preparation and delivery of the operational budget.
• Creation and realisation of the long-term vision for the UK, in line with Group strategy.
You will be an established Managing Director or a Senior Manager who is ready to step up. Your rounded general management skills will include operational, financial and commercial capability to enhance the UK business and drive profitable growth.
You will be customer orientated and ideally understand the nature of a metal stocking and/or fabrication facility. Understanding the pace, volatility and customer expectations in the metals supply chain is vital.
A rounded leader, with a passion for developing others, this is an exciting opportunity to run a profitable enterprise that is part of a world-renowned Group in the markets they serve.
An excellent base salary and package to include bonus, fully expensed car, pension and private health insurance is on offer.
The position will be based in the Midlands.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please contact our advisors at Berwick Partners:
In order to proceed with your application, please either:
Click 'Add to list' if you would like to look at other roles before starting to apply.
Click 'Apply Now' if you are ready to start now.