A customer-focused, IT services and infrastructure leader is required to spearhead the transformation of IT customer services and the underpinning IT infrastructure landscape for this large, technology intensive university.
The University of Leeds is an outstanding university. To ensure it retains its position, at the forefront of the highly-competitive UK Higher Education sector, the University is currently undertaking a wide-ranging modernisation of its professional services teams. The University is responding to increased levels of demand and an ever-more tech-savvy customer population by driving industry-style approaches. It is therefore seeking to adopt contemporary IT disciplines, such as ITIL, IT service management and a cloud-based IT architecture, in order to deliver a slick, and efficient, IT customer experience for colleagues and customers.
This is a senior and highly challenging IT services leadership role. It will have high- level accountability for all IT ‘run’ at the University whilst simultaneously driving a dramatic upturn in the efficiency of the technology stack and the quality of IT customer service for over 35,000 IT users.
• The Head of IT Service Management & Infrastructure will take ownership of all aspects of IT services across user-support, data-centres, networks, servers, databases and business systems. The IT team handle over 81,000 requests for service annually and provide support for 25,000 devices and manage the infrastructure, and access, for 10 Petabytes of stored data.
• Pro-actively manage an improvement in IT service levels, process and responsivity. Reduce the backlog of outstanding requests for services and lead the successful migration of the University’s current on-premises server rooms to a newly-built, third-party managed data-centre. Establish a simple and easy to understand IT service catalogue for customers, plus introduce a standardised approach to hardware-repair and infrastructure refresh.
• Inspire and enthuse a large team of over 100 FTE. Drive the adoption of contemporary IT disciplines (like ITIL), and a customer-service culture, whilst retaining the team’s connection the University’s mission.
• Will have demonstrable experience of successfully leading and improving IT services provision in a large, mature, complex, customer-driven and technology reliant sector.
• An impactful and nuanced communicator you should demonstrate gravitas and a track record of senior-level customer stakeholder engagement. You should also have the ability to work with senior colleagues to establish mutually-agreed, pragmatic and meaningful measures for IT service performance.
• Energetic, tenacious and service oriented, you will be an enthusing and galvanising people leader. You will have experience of leading, and motivating, large IT teams and driving the adoption of modern IT service and infrastructure disciplines.
The University of Leeds has engaged the services of Berwick Partners (an Odgers Berndtson company), to whom applications should be sent.
In order to proceed with your application, please either:
Click 'Add to list' if you would like to look at other roles before starting to apply.
Click 'Apply Now' if you are ready to start now.